Office hours (HH368):
M 1:00-2:00; F 12:30-1:30, and by appointment.
Seminar in Cognitive Science
Week 9: Ethical brains
- What are moral intuitions? Can they be trusted?
- What are the sources of agreement and disagreement on ethical issues?
- Do mirror neurons help us to understand empathy?
- Why should people be moral?
- What ethical theory (relativism, consequentialism, etc.) is most compatible
- Do needs provide the basis for a theory of human rights?
- Is right and wrong objective?
- If decisions are brain processes, can people be held responsible for them?
Ethics in action and
This page updated Nov. 3, 2008