Office hours (HH368):
M 1:00-2:00; F 12:30-1:30, and by appointment.
Seminar in Cognitive Science
Week 8. Human needs.
Topics for Week 11?
- Are there any good reasons not to go for minimal goals (slacker serenity)?
- What are human vital needs? Do they hold across cultures, genders, and social
- Do people deeply need competence, autonomy, and relatedness?
- Do these needs justify the meaningfulness of lover, work, and play?
- What do brain processes tell us about human needs?
- Do needs provide the link between IS and OUGHT?
- How should people balance their lives among competing needs?
- What is hope?
- Can people learn to be happier?
- What is the meaning of death?
This page updated Oct. 27, 2008