Office hours (HH368):
M 1:00-2:00; F 12:30-1:30, and by appointment.
Seminar in Cognitive Science
Week 5. Emotions and Consciousness
Views of the self:
Dualism: the self is the soul.
Hume: the self is just a bundle of perceptions.
Neural naturalism: brain states, activities, and interpersonal relations.
- What is the self? Is it real?
- What are emotions?
- How does the brain value what happens?
- Can one have non-emotional wisdom?
- What does the EMOCON model leave out?
- Does EMOCON actually explain conscious experience?
- How does perceptual consciousness differ from emotional experience?
- When is it rational to be emotional?
This page updated Oct. 6, 2008