Office hours (HH368):
M 1:00-2:00; F 12:30-1:30, and by appointment.
Seminar in Cognitive Science
Week 10: Making Sense of Everything
- Why is there something?
Next week: Neural naturalistic approaches to politics, mathematics.
Discussion Questions from Chapter 10
- How is descriptive information relevant to normative conclusions?
- Could there have been nothing? Is this question intelligible?
- Does religion explain why there is something and not nothing?
- What made the big bang?
- Does brane theory provide a satisfactory explanation of why there is something?
- Does the anthropic theory explain why the universe is like it is?
- What do literature and the arts contribue to understanding the meaning of
- Does this book increase or diminish wisdom?
- Over your lifetime, will human wisdom increase or diminish?
This page updated Nov. 10, 2008