Seminar in Cognitive Science
Additional, optional, further readings: Miscellaneous further readings.
Week 4: Computational Connections
Boden Chapter 5
- What did you find confusing or hard to understand in this chapter? Computers? Search? Analogical?
- What abilities do human children have that are currently lacking in computers?
- Is the prospect of computational creativity attractive or unappealing?
- How do rules and constraints guide computational problem solving?
- What representational schemes (semantics nets, frames, etc.) can support creativity?
- Are analogical representations (mental models) important for creativity?
- Can mere association generate creativity?
Boden Chapter 6
- What did you find confusing or hard to understand in this chapter? Connectionism?
- Is connectionism more promising than traditional AI in modeling creativity?
- Could good poetry be generated by a computer?
- Can creativity be mechanistic?
- How can learning contribute to creativity?
- What does it take to be original?
This page updated Oct. 7, 2009