Phil/Psych 447 Phil 673
Seminar in Cognitive Science: Cognition and Social Change
Week 4: Social Mechanisms
- Does the idea of social mechanism as parts and interactions make sense?
- Are there additional kinds of social interactions not mentioned?
- How are people connected to each other?
- What social mechanisms have you been a part of?
- Are there additional kinds of communication not mentioned?
- How do semantic pointers result from communication?
- Are there additional kinds of mechanisms for spreading emotions?
- What else should be part of a social cognitive-emotional workup?
- How is SCEW different from usual social science methods?
- What is emotional energy?
- Can multilevel mechanisms explain social change?
- How do social mechanisms result in emergent properties?
This page updated Sept. 30, 2015