Explanation pattern: Variation + selection + heredity -> Evolution
Evolutionary error tendencies:
Hypotheses about the origins of consciousness:
How to tell if a behavior is innate:
1. Why do people kiss? Compare adaptationist with alternative explanations.
2. What are examples of human characteristics best explained as adaptations, side effects, random, or cultural artifacts?
3. Did consciousness evolve? Is it adaptive?
4. How is consciousness socially useful?
5. What are the differences between genes and memes?
6. What animals have core consciousness?
7. What animals have self consciousness?
8. How crucial is language for consciousness?
Philosophy of evolutionary psychology
Evolution of human intelligence
Why do people kiss?
Why memes are a bad idea
Computational Epistemology Laboratory.
This page updated Oct. 14, 2013